Iran Uprising – No. 65
Continued protests by deprived people in different cities
Source: Foreign Affairs Committee of National Council of resistance of Iran Website:
On Wednesday, January 30, protests and anti-government gatherings continued in different cities of the country:
- The gathering of people and youth of Bandar Abbas was attacked by repressive forces during the evening near the Azad University. About 20 demonstrators, mostly high school and university students, were arrested.
- The workers of the agricultural section of Haft Tapeh sugar cane factory went on strike at the factory site in protest of non-payment of their salaries for three months. They prevented the entry to and exit from the factory by closing the Northern yard doors of the factory. Drivers of rented tractors parked their tractors in front of the company and closed the route of entry and exit. The day before, the intelligence agents of the regime summoned a number of workers at the plant and warned them against any protest.
- The strike of the workers of the Jahan vegetable oil plant, located on Zanjan-Qazvin highway, continued for the seventh day in protest against the non-payment of their salaries and insurance premiums for months. The factory, which has 60 years of experience and is one of the largest oil producing factories in Iran, was confiscated in 1985 by the organ of looting and corruption known as the Mostazafan Foundation, and since then it has gone downward so that now, out of 600 workers, it currently has only 125 employees.
- Tabriz Machine Workers went on strike to protest the situation of the factory, such as the failure to pay workers’ salaries and the factory downturn.
- Despite passing of 18 days since the workers’ strike at the Kian Kord Factory in Malayer, their demands have not been addressed. They demand six months of salary and three years of unpaid bonuses.
- The workers’ strike of the Travers Railway Company in Doroud, to protest against not receiving three-month salary and four-month premiums, entered its 11th day. Thousands of railroad deprived workers in various cities are after receiving their minimum wages.
- Kian Tire factory workers gathered in front of the Ministry of Industry, Mining and Commerce in Tehran in protest of the regime’s ignorance of the problems of the factory.
- The Yasouj Municipality workers, who do not have the most basic needs of life for themselves and their families without getting their wages, continued to gather in protest in front of the City Council.
- Workers of Mamassani Sugar Factory gathered like past days to protest the joblessness and non-determination of their livelihood.
- The protest rally of the workers of Nilou Tile in Najaf Abad, who did not receive their wages during the last 28 months, continued in the third week in front of the Labor office in the city.
- Workers from the Tehran and Suburbs Bus Company gathered in Tehran for a third day this week in protest against the non-delivery of their homes by the company’s housing cooperative.
- A large group of employees and shopkeepers in the Plasco building gathered in Tehran to protest the failure to address their problems in front of Tehran City Council.
- The gathering of a number of engineers in the Karaj Municipality’s construction projects continued to protest for the second day to protest the non-payment of their arrears in front of the City Council.
- In Mashhad, the looted people of Badr Toos State Institution gathered in front of the radio and television building. Oppressive agents in fear of the spread of protests raided the gathering and arrested a few.
- In Qom, applicants of Mehr residences gathered in front of the Governorate in protest against the failure of the ir homes after waiting for years.
- In Tehran, the looted people by the Caspian State Institution demanded the return of their usurped money with a protest rally.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
February 1, 2018